- We have incredible historical interpreters who love to share their skills and knowledge.
- We have new, interactive, bilingual exhibit labels.
- Did I mention that we have cabins from 19th century Texas? Oh yeah...we have those too.
- We have staff members named Bugles, Charlie, Chester, Taffy, and Yellow Cat. Yes...they are furry felines.
- We have the Marine Schoolhouse, the oldest school still standing in Fort Worth.
- We have a hands-on cabin...perfect for kids AND adults.
- We have fun and educational family programs.
- We grind corn into cornmeal available for sale in our museum store.
- We have hands-on touch baskets in each cabin.
- We have a beautiful wooded setting, perfect for "escaping the present and experiencing the past."
- Admission is inexpensive! You can actually afford to bring your whole family here...
- We have a great new exhibit case featuring transferware. Be watching for a new blog entry about that soon!
- We're easy to find...just down the street from the Fort Worth Botanic Garden and right across the street from the Fort Worth Zoo!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
In true "Thursday Thirteen" blog style, may we present thirteen reasons to visit Log Cabin Village...