Take your vitamins and put on your most comfortable sneakers...it's Spring Break in Cowtown! And we've got a whole crew of excited historical interpreters here to ensure your visit to Log Cabin Village is the very best it can be!
Because of our proximity to the Fort Worth Zoo, it can sometimes be a little tricky to get to the Village. We've got a number of tips to help you get here, however:
- Access our lot from our University Drive entrance. The Rogers Ave. entrance will be closed for the duration of Spring Break.
- As you are heading south on University from I-30, stay in the right (furthest west) lane. That will help you get through the light at Colonial Parkway and turn right into our lot.
- Our lot will be monitored by police to ensure we have PLENTY of parking for Village visitors. No Zoo parking will be allowed in our lot!
- We open at 9 a.m., so plan to come early. Zoo traffic doesn't pick up until closer to 10 a.m. (when the Zoo opens).
- We are spread out over 2 1/2 acres, so we have plenty of room for a TON of visitors.
- We are open RAIN OR SHINE. If it rains, bring an umbrella and experience the tranquility of raindrops hitting cedar shake roofs. The view is most peaceful from the Parker porch!
- Consider taking the #7 bus, biking (we've got awesome bike racks), carpooling, or taking the Safari Shuttle!
- Be patient. It may take you a little longer to get here, but it will be worth it!
Questions? Call 817-392-5881, e-mail, ask on Facebook, or Tweet...and we'll get back to you ASAP! See you soon!
P.S. Check in on Foursquare or Facebook and get a free piece of thin stick candy!
March 17, 2012
IT’S ALL FUN AND GAMES
It’s time for spring and St. Patrick’s Day at the Village! Cap off your spring break by playing with old-time toys and games, listening to Celtic tunes from Buttermilk Junction Old Time String Band, plowing the field, and helping plant our sunflower fort and bean tipi. You can even make your own frontier toy to take home! Cost is regular Village admission plus $2 craft fee to make the toy.
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Sat & Sun, 1 p.m.- 5 p.m. (event ends at 4 p.m. on Saturday)
$4.00 for ages 4-17 and 65 & over
$4.50 for ages 18 & over
Free for ages 3 & under