Would you like to work for Log Cabin Village? Here's your chance!
Position: Customer Service Rep. I (Historical Interpreter)
Hourly Rate: $10.28 an hour, less than 1040 hours per year, no benefits
· Greet and help organize program groups
· Provide historical presentations and pioneer craft demonstrations
· Provide high quality customer service
· Assist curatorial staff with chores such as cleaning the cabins, dusting museum artifacts, and helping with reports
· Produce pioneer crafts for sale in the gift shop as time and duties permit
· Read and research Texas pioneer history as time permits
· Assist staff with special projects as necessary
· Position reports directly to Curator
· Must speak to large and small groups of all ages
· Must wear 19th century historical attire
· Must work outdoors with no climate control
· Must be willing to learn Texas history and pioneer crafts
· Must be able to work every other weekend (both days)
· Previous customer service experience preferred
· Must have high school diploma or GED
To apply, please visit the position opening on the City of Fort Worth's Human Resources web site.
The position closes July 25, 2008. Good luck to all candidates!